Thursday, October 31, 2013

You say what!!!

Happy Halloween!!!!



So I found myself with a customer the other day at my family’s quilt store who wanted to buy one of our larger quilts we have on display in the store, and when I kindly pointed out they were not for sale as it is a current sample, she asked if we could whip her up a new one today.

I said we could make one and explained the cost of the fabric and labour as well as the time involved she thought I was joking and started laughing, but when she realise I was serious said she won’t pay over $100 bucks for the stupid old things as it was for her Mom not her… 

Needless to say a lot of different colourful and choice words as well as some entertaining scenarios started running though my head on how to get rid of this  "wonderful" woman , so I politely stated that yes that it would be that expensive, as I made sure to point her in the direction of the nearest Wal-Mart that wouldn’t tax her  “budget” while guilding her to the door… And enter happy dance here...
But I can’t be the only one who feels that way so I took it to the Internet were I stumble arose one of the blogs I follow “the bitchysticher” (love this lady!!!) who turned me on to “hunters design studio” and the effort she is putting on out there to educated the uneducated masses in this world (bless her heart) so check out there blogs, you won’t be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - go look at Molli Sparkle's blog RIGHT NOW. Start with yesterday's post, and then read today's.

    And did you step on that lady's foot on her way out?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis